Thursday, May 12, 2011

May 2011 Trip Day 1 - Posts by Dr. Chris DeLuca

Heidi is on this trip with her 6-week-old daughter, Micah. Those of you who have breastfed babies know that 6-week-olds are completely dependent on Mom 24/7. So it's very challenging for Heidi.

Because of this, we'll be stealing Chris' posts for this trip.
--------------

Good morning again from Chichicastenango! Trip here yesterday was LONG but went easily. I drove from Seneca to Greenville yesterday after work... I think I know better to work the day before I go, but I was taking off a lot of time for the trip, and the wedding, and the Colombia mission trip with TCWC in July, so I was feeling kinda bad about leaving my partners that long, so I stayed. Got on the road at about 1:30... at about 3 I realized that my passport was still in Seneca... *sigh* So drove back and didn't get to Greenville until 10pm. Sat down to a LOVELY meal of mac and cheese (cooked by my favorite daughter to be), watched a little Modern Family, got a REALLY sweet (and completely unexpected) Mother's Day card from Ashley (its true, she is kinda a sweet kid)... and collapsed by 11pm. Woke up at 2AM with my neck in spasm and that was it for sleeping... *sigh* So about 3:30 we hopped in the car and drove to Raleigh and 2 flights and a long car ride later, made it to Chichi. All this to say that I was a bit tired yesterday and feel like it was a bit of an attack but prayerfully went to sleep and had A GREAT nghts sleep last night... SOOOO bring on the week. Heidi (the physician I join here who is an awesome OB/GYN) brought her beautiful little mini-me 6 wk old daughter Micah. Pray for Heidi... its so early right now and Micah isn't quite adjusted to the schedule here... I know she kept her up most of last night and wants to feed every 30 minutes or so which is very frustrating for Heidi who really wants to be able to get things done here. Pray for a cooperative little nina, but mostly for peace for Heidi that whatever Micah may choose, things will get done as God intends and he will provide workers if Heidi has to step away. Today we will head to the gringo church in a little over an hour and then after lunch start our consultas... pray for the women and families that we meet today, that we may be able to bless them physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Pray for the Spirit to move here in Chichi and to soften the hearts of those whose sight is blinded by the enemy. THANKS for your prayer support... I am faithful He will use this week to His glory and can't wait to see how! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY too to all the mom's out there... especially mine, Margaret DeLuca! Love to all of you!



Chris



.

No comments: