Saturday, May 08, 2010

Ready for Take-Off!

Just a quick update now from RDU airport, where we have arrived safe and sound, with all luggage checked through and no issues so far! To introduce you to the "team" for the week, it's me (Heidi, OB/Gyn), Pat Peabody (a CRNA or Nurse Anesthetist who will be running anesthesia for us and saving us TONS of time and money-- this is her third trip down to Guatemala with us and she has become quite the tour guide!), and Monica Horne, one of the Certified Nurse Midwives on ECU's Faculty with me-- her first trip out of the country ever so please pray for a good experience for her especially! I am excited to have her helping me out in both the clinic and the operating room this week, and you never know what God will send us in the way of babies needing to be delivered since I'm bringing an expert with me... It really does tend to work that way.

Please pray for safe travels and some rest for us today-- we all got up before 2 a.m. to get here to the airport! Also pray, as always, for the patients that need to be seen to show up and that each patient walks away with what they need or what God wanted them to have from us this trip...

Thanks and God bless you all! We are boarding now so I'll try to update again probably tomorrow night after a full day of Church and clinic...

No comments: