Saturday, February 07, 2015

Safe arrival and meet the team

Always, always thankful for safe and uneventful travels, but this trip was even BETTER than usual because now I live 10 minutes from the airport!!  Beats the dirt out of getting up to drive at least an hour and a half to the airport.  I didn't even have to leave the house until 4 am, so I got to see Matt when he came home! Bonus.

So tonight there are just two of us here in Chichi, but it's SOOOOooooooooOOOoo nice to have Tom and Jana in the country and upstairs again!  They are doing a back-and-forth from Guate to the US schedule these days and my dates haven't lined up with theirs in a while.  Praise God for that joyous reunion!  (And double-praise him for their cooking skills; they are amazing!)

I'm travelling this week with Brittany Walsh, a fourth year medical student from ECU-- She is actually going in to Emergency Medicine instead of OB/GYN now, but we kind of bonded and planned this trip back during third year when she thought she would go in to OB.  Her continued strong interest in women's health, though, as well as great attitude and easy-going personality, will hopefully lend itself to a great week all around!  Here's a selfie we tried to take, but I really stink at taking selfies and we're also pretty much in our PJs for the night already, so we hope you'll excuse our travel-weary look...



Tomorrow afternoon or evening we will be joined by Chris, Tony, and Kaitlyn Schwering from South Carolina, who our regular readers will remember as the OB/GYN, her husband and baby girl that have been coming down with me and/or on their own since Chris was a resident at ECU!  I'll have to get her to tell you how many trips; I've lost track even of my own but I'm pretty sure it's in the 20s since moving back to the US in 2008.  Wow.  God is good.


No comments: