Saturday, February 11, 2012

Home again, home again...

Well, here I sit in the Miami airport, waiting to catch the flight back to RDU and trying to use my time wisely to wrap up the blog. The last two days were awesome! Friday morning we got up early to round on our patients and send the two from Wednesday home, looking great. That left only one for Tom to round on for us today, and he sent her home and said she looked great, too.

We then hopped on a van to Quiche and met Duane Ficker at the runway there to fly out and do clinic in Cruz Chich, a village about an hour from the Fickers. After seeing a few hundred patients there, we went home to their house exhausted but happy! It is always so good to spend time with them and catch up. What an amazing family. You can catch up with them at their blog-- there's a link over on the side of this page, I think, if you're interested.

Last night Leslie and I stayed up until nearly 9:30 talking, which any of you who have spent a weekend night out in Canilla with us know is nearly a miracle! I miss being near them so dearly, but am always encouraged by the amazing work that they continue to do with such love and patience and wisdom.

Joey split off from us at the airport this morning (after helping with another 15 or so prenatal visits in the clinic before flying out this morning) and will be in language school this week. She will then join another ECU team down in Nicaragua for another two weeks of mission work, so wish her health and patience! Chris and Tony should be home by now as I still await my connection, but at least I will get to look in on my babies in their beds before turning in to mine for the night.

Thanks again to all of you for all of your prayers and support-- we'll catch up again in May! I am hoping that Pat Peabody (from anesthesia) and one of the residents from our program, Sarah Gore, will be joining me then. Pray that things go smoothly for them to be able to join me please!

No comments: