Sunday, July 02, 2006

God's Handiwork



As I write this, I'm looking out the window at the highest peak in North America. Mt. McKinley is 20,320 feet high and defies description. Alaska is breathtakingly beautiful and also huge beyond your wildest imagination. It's a simple, silent reminder that God is not only far bigger and more powerful than we can fathom, but that he's an incredible artist. Nothing we will ever do can compare.

The pictures are beautiful but can't even begin to capture what's here. It's like trying to understand God. The people who understand Him the best are merely trading in two dimensional snapshots of the minutest slice of what He really is. Most of us don't even get that far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been workin to hard......
I need a little R&R and a little change of pace
I never thought I would be livin my life this way
Workin for the IRS and a CPA
I've been stuck in the fast lane a little too long
I'm thinkin about gettin out of line and gettin gone
Buddy pack your bags, I'm pickin you up on
the way out of town...
Road Trip lyrics by Gary P. Nunn

Goodbye Orange, Beaumont and Houston, the Bells have packed their bags and are most definitely out of town

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»